Sunday, June 3, 2018

Water Heater repair

My water heater stopped making hot water, and was ready to replace it.

But I found the stuff that was taped to the heater, found it had a 12 year warranty and the date of Manufacture was about 8 years ago, so I called them.  It was a GE water heater, actually made by Rheem.

They had me check the pilot light, I could not see it through the little glass window.  After a few calls to troubleshoot it (had to clean the glass window), they sent me a new pilot light assembly.

It has a thermostat as part of it, so if the pilot goes out, no gas will be supplied for safety.  They provided the entire assembly, I replaced it lit.  After a hour or so, hot water again :)

Since the thermostat is in a very hostile environment, next to the burner, I think this is a common failure.  Other than I leaking tank, seems like one of the more likely things that could fail.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is my first visit to your blog, and I am very impressed with the articles that you serve. Give adequate knowledge for me. Thank you for sharing useful material. I will be back for the more great post. Carlsbad Water heater repair

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete